Reports To: Sr. Design Consultant, General Sales Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Head Office, Ajax
Start Date: October 2017
Today Pro-Bel is an international company employing more than 200 people. We strive on having the best people that are experienced and specifically trained to provide the leading service in the high-rise window cleaning safety industry.
To date we have completed more than 9,000 projects worldwide. We have strived to push our industry forward by continually designing safer equipment that is easier to use. Our engineering team has developed Pro-Bel into a professional engineering firm. Our ability to create custom products and solutions suited for modern architecture is what has helped to establish Pro-Bel as the industry leader for engineered fall arrest and suspended access systems.
For over the past 35 years Pro-Bel has built relationships with thousands of architects, building owners and property managers World Wide. Pro-Bel is known as the original roof anchor company and over the years has continued to expand their product line and operations worldwide. We now offer a complete line of window washing equipment and fall protection systems that includes but is not limited to Roof Anchors, Davits, Horizontal Lifelines, Electrical and Mechanical Equipment such as Permanent Powered Platforms and Building Maintenance Units.
Assisting and/or coordinating the Sr. Design Consultant who provides preliminary roof anchor layout that are integrated onto rooftops on high rise buildings.
- Learn to assist with reviewing building design and equipment needs by identifying building structure and complexity.
- Learn about code and regulatory requirements
- Field incoming emails, faxes and phone call for projects bidding, designs, general questions
- Set up accounts in Sales Force (CRM system), add contacts, attach all applicable information for sales, set bidding date/time, and keep current.
- Review specs/drawings, prepare file, request clarification from client, additional drawings if required for sales to review and provide proposal/design and/or budget
- All communication with the, architect or bidding General Contractor’s
- Identify new opportunities from internal lead generating system and present them to the Design Consultant
- Complete all bid documents for new project, rate sheets and Schedule of Values requests
- When a project is awarded;
- Send Letter of Intent/Contract etc. to team/administration
- Complete budget and project profile .
- Prepare file for Project Manager
- Send RFI email and obtain CAD files, and anything additional that maybe required to start the project
- Budgets, design overviews and some proposals
- Track down awarded GC’s for quoted projects
- Update Sales Force, obtain new information on a continuous basis.
- Prepare all change orders
- Prepare back up information for change orders. Run budgets, get invoicing etc.
- Obtain pricing from our manufacturing department for any custom equipment required for our projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Completed Architectural Technology or Civil Technology diploma or degree or equivalent
- 2 years of construction experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient using AutoCAD is beneficial
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others
- Effective English oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Client, Architect, related staff and the community
- Must be legally eligible to work in Ontario
What Pro-Bel Has to Offer
- Benefits package
- Competitive wages
- Bonus potential
- A commitment to ongoing development and support with accredited training and education programs
- Room for growth and advancement
- Fun and casual environment
- Office is closed between Christmas and New Years
- Company social events
- Excellent location, close to the GO Station and Highway 401
- Industry leader and continuously expanding
We invite you to join us by forwarding your resume to Ashley (please quote Design and Sales Coordinator – DSCPB-092017 in subject line).
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and recruitment and selection processes accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Ajax, ON
- construction: 2 years